- 1 Ferry Schedules
- 2 Travel Time
- 3 Travel Guidelines
- 4 Fare Rates
- 5 Baggage & Cargo
- 6 Booking
- 7 Contact Information
- 8 Reference
- 9 Hotels & Resorts
- 10 Related Trips
- 11 Summary
- 12 About SeaCat
SeaCat has trips every day from Cebu to Calbayog and vice versa. The fast craft ship will depart from the Cebu City Pier 3 and the Calbayog City Port if you traveling from Calbayog City, Samar.
|8:00 AM||10:00 PM*|
*subject for approval
The boat will depart from Calbayog City at 8:00 AM and will make a return trip from Cebu City at 10:00 PM. Fast crafts are passenger-only ships so vehicle transport is not possible.
The estimated ferry travel time between Cebu and Calbayog is 5 hours.
- Please secure the following before purchasing your ticket:
– Valid ID
– Health Certificate (From City Health Office)
– Travel Pass (From PNP)
– Letter of Coordination (From Receiving LGU)
*Note: Travel Requirements must be valid until the date of departure
- Limited Capacity Operations
a. Social Distancing will be observed
b. 50% capacity
- Passengers from Cebu going outside Calbayog City shall immediately be transported by PUVs to their respective destinations.
- Passengers from outside Calbayog going to Cebu shall be transported by PUVs straight to the port terminal.
The ticket fare depends on the type of accommodation you choose. You can choose between Economy Class, Tourist Class, and Business Class.
|Senior Citizen||20% off on Economy and Tourist class only|
|Student||20% off on Economy class only|
(2 to 12 years old)
|50% off on Economy and Tourist class only|
|Children below 2 years old||100% off / FREE|
The regular passenger fare for the Economy Class is 1200 PHP, Tourist Class 1300 PHP, and Business Class 1600 PHP. Students, senior citizens, and PWDs can avail of a fare discount as long as they can provide a valid I.D.
Those bringing along pets or livestock, the animals will be accepted as cargo. However, support dogs are not permitted to travel. You also need to comply with some requirements before bringing your pet/s along.
- Pets must be in
- Traveling permits must be secured from the City Veterinary Office prior to departure
Baggage & Cargo
- Free Baggage Allowance – 15 kilograms
- Excess baggage: ₱15.00 per kilo. No limit as to the number of kilos.
- Sports equipment shall be considered as automatic excess baggage even if the total baggage weight of the passenger is still within the free baggage allowance.
- ₱200.00 for every 5 kilograms. In excess of will be rounded to nearest 5 kilos. Minimum of 5 kilos.
- Sports equipment weighing 1-9 kilograms will be charged 10 kilograms at 100% of the applicable rate. For example, a golf club weighing 4 kilograms shall be charged ₱400.00.
Weapons and ammunition will not be accepted for carriage.
BookingBOOK A FLIGHT
For online bookings, you can book your tickets through Barkota. But if you are in a hurry, there are flights available from Cebu to Calbayog and vice versa via CebGo.
For those with inquiries about the trip, these are the contact numbers of the different SeaCat and Grand Ferries offices.
- Allen (GT Office) – 09175036705
- Calbayog (GT Office) – 09566485748
- Catarman (GT Office) – 09175109240
- Catbalogan (Grand Tours Office) – 09663354777
- Cebu (GMC Plaza Building, along Pier 1) – 09177715565
Hotels & Resorts
SeaCat has daily trips between Cebu City and Calbayog City, Samar. The ferry will depart from Calbayog City at 8:00 AM while from Cebu City, the ferry will depart at 10:00 PM. The total travel time is 5 hours. The regular passenger fare is ₱1200.00.
SeaCat is owned by Grand Ferries and is one of newest fast craft ferry boats in the Philippines. Currently, they only offer one route which is from Calbayog to Cebu and vice versa. They occasionally give out promo discounts which you can find on their Facebook page.
Check out the SeaCat page for more details.